Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Mercurial by Design

After being in several corps (two to be honest) and doing everything from mining, WH, exploration, mission running, low sec, NPC 0.0, and deep sov 0.0 I can say I have tried it all.  So with that I can also say EVE has a lot to offer.  Strangely there are many times I have left the game because of boredom.  EVE is a game that requires motivation, either self motivation, or forced motivation.  If you are in a good corp with lots of people you like then there is an abundance of things to do.  But that left me with another issue, time.  When playing with others you really need to play at around the sametime for about the same lengths of time.  That becomes sort of an issue with me as I don't have a structured time.  I will log on at roughly the sametime, mainly because I work the same hours everyday.  But I may not log on everyday or stay on for very long as I have other things in my real life I need to attend to.  So when I do find a good group of people I feel hesitant to volunteer for any major roles as I can't commit to them.  Then after awhile I do get the feeling of being an outsider.  Now this wasn't always the issue, at one time I was single and lived alone.  Back in those days I basically lived my EVE life more then my real life.  Even once dropped an ad in Craigslist seeking a woman who must have cap ship skills and/or fleet bonuses.  I did get several responses, but they were along the lines of "I don't know what this EVE is but I am really good at Pac-Man."  So in essence I know what it is like to be part of a large group and play a major role in it.  However I just don't have the time to really do that anymore.  So I struck out on my own, well after leaving game for a long time.

Mercurial by Design is born.  Mercurial is one of my all time favorite words.  Even better is it really describes my EVE playing habits.  Not only does is cover my playing time, it covers what I want to do.  That is I have no idea what I want to do and I might change my mind at anytime.  So I really was forced to go my own way as I will always want to know the direction of my corp but I will want it to change cause I will want to do something different.  What I know is that if I wanted to do missions or FW I wanted to do it for Caldari.  So first order of business was to grind faction.

So after about a year, 10 months of it my account was cancelled, I have the standing to join FW for Caldari.  So now I am at the crossroads.  I have all my paths open to me...and me alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment